Recipe By: Chef Marcel @ MCA
Serving Size: 12
.5 cup butter, melted
10 flour tortillas (10-in. diameter)
1.5 chorizo (Guerra’s)
1.5 onion, diced
1.5 red bell pepper, diced
2 jalapeno, minced
1.5 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1.5 teaspoons oregano
1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted
1.5 pounds black beans, cooked (or 1 can)
1.5 cups Monterrey Jack, grated
12 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
5 green onions, diced
1. Preheat oven, 350ºF. Line a 9-in. spring form with aluminum foil. Brush foil with melted butter. Place tortillas around perimeter in pan with ¼ to spare, place 1 tortilla in center to cover bot. Brush with butter.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté sausage until browned, add onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, chili powder, ¼ tsp salt, oregano, and cumin. Cook until onion is tender. (10 min.)
3. Place mixture in tortilla lined pan. Cover with beans and cheese.
4. In reserved skillet over medium heat, add remaining butter and scramble eggs. Stir in remaining salt and pepper and green onions, undercooking eggs. Press eggs over beans and cheese.
5. Place remaining tortilla over eggs and brush with butter. Place in oven and bake 25 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and un-mold remove foil and cut in wedges.
6. Serve 1 or 2 wedges on a large plate with a decoration of fried strips of multi-color tortillas or some julienne ato. It’s a nice and spicy warm appetizer, (Safe the rest for lunch orrow.)