An update on a tragic story we brought you last night in Alton. Authorities say fireworks were not to blame for a fire that left a family of 17 without a home yesterday.
Hidalgo County fire officials say arson has been ruled out as a possible motive, and believe an electrical short may be to blame. The fire happened around 4:30 p.m. on Mile 6 and Conway Avenue.
For now, a good samaritan has offered a roof over their head, but it is without water or electrify. The Tolentino Family says they are grateful for all the support. They still need a lot of help. Call 956-400-4100 if you would like to reach out.